About the American Pathology Foundation:
The American Pathology Foundation (APF) is a non-profit professional society devoted to the business and management of pathology. Founded in 1959, the Foundation focuses on providing quality educational programs and practice management resources for its members.
Membership in the Foundation is open to pathologists in private practice, hospital and academic settings, independent labs and residency. Non-physician pathology practice managers are encouraged to become members of the APF and participate in the Foundation’s programs.
The Foundation's Objectives:
- To promote the practice of pathology in all of its branches, through scientific, cultural, educational and charitable means
- To cooperate with other professional organizations to develop the professional practice, art and science of medicine in general and pathology in particular
- To promote the partnership between pathologists and practice managers
- To enhance the ability of pathologists and practice managers to effectively manage their practice, time and resources
- To be a resource for pathologists and practice managers who wish to stay informed on legislative, political and marketplace developments affecting the practice of pathology