Benefits of an APF Membership:
- Pathology and practice management education for all levels, with member discounts for all educational programs
- On-line resources including: membership directory, member message boards, registration for educational programs, links to other pathology organization websites, and the APF Marketplace
- Discounts on APF publications such as the APF Pathology Service Coding Handbook and Payor Disputes Legal Handbook
- Timely e-news updates and alerts regarding CPT, ICD and related coding changes, as well as urgent legal and legislative issues affecting the practice of pathology
- A peer network of pathologists interested in and active in practice and laboratory management
- Services, resources and support that help to create an advantage in the business of pathology
Carefully select the category of membership for which you qualify and fill out the pdf membership application or click here to access the Online Membership Application. When you apply using your credit card you will have immediate access to the 'Members Only' areas of the website. New members are still considered 'Pending' until the APF Board of Directors approves their application. New Active Pathologist members should submit a copy of their board certification to the APF National Office after completing their application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the American Pathology Foundation at 877-993-9935 or email@example.com.
CATEGORIES OF APF MEMBERSHIP:
APF INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIPS:
APF GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:
- Active Pathologist- Licensed physicians who are certified by the American Board of Pathology or a Board of similar standing. Applicants must provide proof of certification from the American Board of Pathology when submitting their membership application.
- Active Pathology Professional- Non-physicians in the management of active pathology practices, who have a college degree OR a minimum of 5 years' experience in health care management and certified laboratory professionals with interest in pathology practice management.
- Affiliate- Individuals who do not qualify for Active Membership categories, but who wish to further the objectives of the Foundation. This would include physicians not certified by the American Board of Pathology; pathology practice or laboratory employees; laboratory or practice managers, administrators, executives, consultants or other business associates who do not qualify as Pathology Professional members.
- Resident/Junior- Individuals who are qualified physicians and are actively training for careers in pathology as recognized by the American Board of Pathology or a Board of similar standing.
- Emeritus- Any Active Pathologist or Pathology Professional who is retired for more than 5 years from active pathology practice. New Emeritus Members should submit a letter of application to the APF Board of Directors to receive this consideration.
- Patron- Any individual member who contributes $100 above normal dues in a given year.
- Academic Institution- Academic Institution Membership is available to all ACGME accredited pathology training programs. Membership is inclusive of the Department Chair, Program Chair, Department Administrator, and all interested full time faculty members, residents and fellows. Each program will designate two key contacts for the member organization (for example: Department Chair or Program Director, and Department Administrator). Each of the two key program contacts will be a voting member of the Foundation. Each member will be listed individually within the APF Membership Database under their designated membership category and have access to all the individual membership benefits provided by APF. The program shall be responsible for populating and maintaining the accounts of all individual members within the department. Limited to a total of 60 members.
- Industry Affiliate- Companies that supply products and services to pathology practices. Membership is inclusive of a primary contact and two additional company contacts determined by the principal member. Companies holding this type of membership are listed in the APF Marketplace section of the website and are entitled to use all APF marketing and communications programs. Industry Affiliate companies will have early access for choosing conference booths and sponsorships and other benefits as determined by the APF Board.
- Group Membership- Group membership is a pricing option for multiple members from the same pathology practice to join APF. Dues for the first member are $275.00. The second member is $210.00 and each member after that is $155.00 - up to 15 members or a total of $2,500.00. Additional memberships after the first 15 paid and up to 25 will be complimentary. Groups with 26 or more members will be $3,000.00 annually. Each group member will be listed individually within the APF Membership Database under their designated membership category and have access to all the individual membership benefits provided by APF. Membership will renew annually on the group's renewal date. Membership renewal notices will be sent to the practice or group's primary contact. Proof of certification from the American Board of Pathology is required for all physician pathologist applicants. Please submit a copy of certificate or letter of certification when making your application. Limited to a total of 40 members.
- Active Pathologist $300.00
- Active Pathology Professional $300.00
- Affiliate $300.00
- Resident/Junior FREE
- Emeritus FREE
- Patron $400.00 & up
- Academic Institution $1,500.00 (1-30 members) $1,500.00 (31-60 members)
- Industry Affiliate $1,000.00
- Group Membership (Tiered pricing up to $2,500.00 1-15 members) (16-25 free after 15 paid) ($3,000.00 26-40 members)